If you’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of others while working for a respected, diverse, and progressive organization, this Rehabilitation Counselor position may be a perfect fit!
Community Partnerships, Inc. (CPI) is currently looking for a compassionate and experienced Rehabilitation Counselor for our Brain Injury program in Raleigh, NC. This is a great opportunity for people interested in supporting the recovery of people with acquired or traumatic brain injuries as part of an interdisciplinary team. Our Brain Injury program helps people who have sustained brain injuries increase their independence and find jobs that match their career goals.
The Rehabilitation Counselor coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of each consumer’s cognitive rehabilitation service plan.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Collaborate with individual consumers, agency staff, and other community resources to develop, implement, and evaluate Individualized Cognitive Rehabilitation and Therapy service plans.
2. Provide individual therapy to consumers regarding cognitive, behavioral, emotional, and/or vocational concerns.
3. Provide individual instruction to consumers to strengthen, modify, and/or compensate for cognitive deficits.
4. Develop cognitive retraining strategies utilizing computer and adaptive equipment to enhance consumer’s strengths and skills.
5. Provides informal training to staff, families, and related professionals.
Education: Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling or related field is required. Knowledge of Cognitive Rehabilitation is required. Certified Rehabilitation Counselor designation is strongly preferred. Current First Aid/CPR certification is required. A valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required for this position. CBIS certification preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders and one (1) year of direct experience with provision of cognitive retraining. Four (4) year of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders through the provision of cognitive rehabilitation/remediation therapy strongly preferred.
CPI is dedicated to building inclusive communities that embrace the inherent potential of every individual. CPI provides direct services to children and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, adults with mental illnesses and/or substance use disorder, and adults with brain injuries. The CPI team is made up of experienced therapists, job coaches, case managers, and other professionals.