The Partners In Inclusion program helps children and youth with disabilities succeed in all settings. Partners In Inclusion does not provide one-on-one services to individual children, rather, we help your child succeed by focusing on the people who work with them every day.
If your child is struggling in the child care center you have chosen, or you’ve had to switch child care, after-school, or summer camps because no one “gets” your child – we can help.
If you are a child care or recreational provider and you are struggling to support the needs of a child with a disability – we can help.
How We Help Professionals:
The Partners In Inclusion program believes that child care and recreational providers are on the front lines every day, working with our children, teaching them the skills they will carry with them for a lifetime.
To help you enhance your skills and contribute to your professional development we provide:
- On-site technical assistance and consulting.
- Regularly scheduled group training seminars for child care and recreational providers on a wide range of topics.
- On site consultations will show you how to work with the children with disabilities in your classroom or program, and give you guidance to improve the experience of all of the children in your classroom. As your partner and classroom coach, we will observe and evaluate your situation and then teach you practical strategies for making your classroom the best that it can be.
Group training seminars focus on different topics relevant to you, and teach strategies for enhancing the experience of all the children with whom you work. In the training seminars, you can earn continuing education credits from the North Carolina Division of Childhood Development as you improve your classroom skills.
How We Help Parents:
Our staff will take the time to understand your situation and your child’s unique needs and strengths. We will provide on-site guidance to the staff of the child care or recreational program your child attends so that you can:
- Be confident in the knowledge that your child can succeed in the program of your choice.
- Reduce the drama, frustration and worry about expulsion.
- Enroll your child in any after-school, summer camp, or other recreational activity that fits your schedule and needs.
We can also help you find the right program for your child and connect you to resources in the community to help with other needs you may have.