COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS PROGRAM:
Help When You Need It Most
At Community Partnerships, Inc., we have over 30 years of experience in helping people find the help they need. Some of the people we work with are in a crisis situation; others are frustrated because they’re on a waiting list. Many people are fearful because they have been denied eligibility and feel they have
nowhere to turn. The Community Connections program provides short-term, direct services to individuals and families who need help now, but are not yet receiving services.
We can help immediately and our services are free.
Who Can Receive Community Connections Services?
You are eligible to receive assistance if you:
- Live in Wake County.
- Are age 3 or above with an intellectual/developmental disability or co-occurring disorder.
- Are entering the service system for the first time, and do not have Medicaid or an Innovations Waiver.
- Are on a waiting list for services, or are currently going through the I/DD eligibility review process with Alliance Behavioral Healthcare.
- Are eligible for services, on a waiting list, and in a crisis situation.
Community Connections Can Assist With:
Applying and advocating for entitlement benefits.
- Meeting your housing needs—including low-income housing, targeted
housing, and group home placements.
- Gathering or obtaining documentation required for the I/DD eligibility
- Finding help for basic needs, including food, utilities, and more.
- Learning strategies and tools that will help address the challenges you face in your day-to-day routines.
- Establishing guardianship.
- Finding social and recreational activities.
- And more….