Community Partnerships, Inc. (CPI) is dedicated to building inclusive communities that embrace the inherent potential of every individual. CPI provides direct services to children and adults with developmental disabilities, adults with mental illnesses and/or addiction issues, and adults with brain injuries. The CPI team is made up of experienced therapists, job coaches, case managers, and other professionals.
To learn more about our organization, visit www.communitypartnerships.org.
CPI is currently recruiting for a dedicated Job Coach for our Brain Injury Support Services program in Winston-Salem, NC. The Job Coach supports the mission of Community Partnerships, Inc. by providing individualized, person-centered services to individuals with brain injuries that enable them to find and maintain long-term, competitively-paid employment.
Responsibilities include: performing job development activities and on the job training and working in collaboration with others (i.e., agency staff, consumers, families, other service providers, etc.) to advocate and promote the full inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities.
- Developing service plans that are cohesive and relevant to each individual consumer’s goals and that include job development activities, on-the-job training requirements, job maintenance strategies, and additional community resources that may be needed, as appropriate.
- Instructing consumers in basic job seeking skills, such as interviewing, resume development, and networking as appropriate.
- Analyzing potential employment situations for job skill requirements and performance expectations, need for employer/co-worker education, need for assistive technology or job task modification, and coaching/support needs for on-the-job training.
- Arranging for job trials, job shadowing experiences, etc.
- Surveying newspapers, internet, and other resources to locate potential employment opportunities for consumers.
- Contacting appropriate employers/employment agencies to solicit/explore employment opportunities for individual consumers, as appropriate.
- Providing vocational training on job/task performance (using coaching and one-on-one instruction, etc.) in order that the consumer is able to reach and maintain the employer’s required level of proficiency.
- Providing follow-up support and monitor work performance/progress through regular contacts with the employer and consumer during the initial 90 days of a consumer’s employment.
- Providing technical assistance to employers, including consultation and education.
- Providing crisis intervention, guidance, and supportive counseling to consumers as needed.
Education: Undergraduate degree in rehabilitation, psychology, special education, social work, or related field required.
Experience: Two (2) years, post bachelor’s degree accumulated experience with the population served, or one (1) year post-graduate degree accumulated experience with the population served. Vocational training, job development, and other human services experience strongly preferred. .
OR any equivalent combination of the above listed requirements.
A valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required to meet the requirements of the position.
CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.