Community Partnerships, Inc. (CPI) is dedicated to building inclusive communities that embrace the inherent potential of every individual. CPI provides direct services to children and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, adults with mental illnesses and/or substance use disorder, and adults with brain injuries. The CPI team is made up of experienced therapists, job coaches, case managers, and other professionals.
To learn more about our organization, visit www.communitypartnerships.org.
We are looking for a dedicated Consumer Engagement Specialist for our Brain Injury Support Services programs to provide a holistic approach to employment and increased independence through the Brain Injury Support Services program (BISS). The BISS program supports individuals who have sustained a brain injury increase their independence and secure a job that matches their career goals.
This position will be housed in our Raleigh office and will support the Winston Salem, Raleigh, Greenville, and Charlotte programs to facilitate enrollments into the BISS program and support consumer engagement. This position will also require one day of direct services in our Greenville office.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Locating and partnering with local community health centers, hospitals, and rehabilitation programs to identify individuals with brain injuries and link to the appropriate referral source for BISS if interested.
2. Continuously engaging prospective consumers to ensure continuity of care and connection prior to enrollment to prevent gaps in service provision.
3. Educating community entities on the importance of screening for brain injuries and providing trainings and tools to identify individuals with traumatic and acquired brain injuries.
4. Continuous engagement and outreach to community health centers, hospitals, and rehabilitation programs in the Greenville, Winston Salem, Charlotte, Raleigh and surrounding areas to serve as a liaison and educator on BISS and other brain injury resources as appropriate.
5. Conducting intake admissions process for new referrals as required by appropriate funding sources and by Community Partnerships’ established policies and procedures.
6. Performing initial psychosocial assessments for new consumers to identify emotional, social, and environmental strengths and weaknesses related to their brain injury and other diagnoses.
7. Collaborating with individual consumers, agency staff, and other community resources to develop, implement, and evaluate Person Centered Plans to target cognitive rehabilitation, therapy and counseling, case management, and job acquisition and retention skills.
8. This position will also be responsible for one day a week of direct services in the Greenville office to include individual services tied to case management/service coordination, pre-vocational skills training, and/or cognitive rehabilitation.
Education: Undergraduate degree in rehabilitation, psychology, special education, social work, or related field required. Master’s Degree and license, certification, or registration in field preferred.
Experience: Two (2) years of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders and Two (2) years of service coordination experience required. Three (3) years of service coordination experience and two (2) years of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders preferred. Relevant experience with other populations considered.
Licenses/Certifications:Current First Aid/CPR certification is required. A valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required for this position. CBIS certification preferred.
CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.