Community Partnerships, Inc. (CPI) is dedicated to building inclusive communities that embrace the inherent potential of every individual. CPI provides direct services to children and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, adults with mental illnesses and/or substance use disorder, and adults with brain injuries. The CPI team is made up of experienced therapists, job coaches, case managers, and other professionals.
To learn more about our organization, visit www.communitypartnerships.org.
We are looking for a dedicated Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapist (CRT) for our Brain Injury Support Services program in Winston-Salem, NC. The Brain Injury Support Services program helps people who have sustained brain injuries increase their independence and find jobs that match their career goals.
As part of an interdisciplinary clinical team, the CRT coordinates the development, implementation, and evaluation of each consumer’s cognitive rehabilitation service plan.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. Collaborate with individual consumers, agency staff, and other community resources to develop, implement, and evaluate Individualized Cognitive Rehabilitation and Therapy service plans.
2. Provide individual and group therapies to consumers regarding cognitive, behavioral, emotional, and/or vocational concerns.
3. Provide individual and group instruction to consumers to strengthen, modify, and/or compensate for cognitive deficits.
4. Develop cognitive retraining strategies utilizing computer and adaptive equipment to enhance consumer’s strengths and skills.
5. Provides informal training to staff, families, and related professionals.
Education: Master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling or related field is required. Certified Rehabilitation Counselor designation is strongly preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders and one (1) year of direct experience with provision of cognitive retraining. Four (4) year of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders through the provision of cognitive retraining and evaluation preferred.
Licenses/Certifications: Current First Aid/CPR certification is required. A valid driver’s license and auto insurance are required for this position. CBIS certification preferred.
CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.