The Case Manager provides integrated, whole-person care management to help individuals with brain injuries increase self-sufficiency and gain access to needed services.
Job Duties Include:
- Performing admissions activities
- Conducting a comprehensive, holistic assessment of needs
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring individualized service plans
- Assisting individuals in accessing benefits and services, including paid supports when indicated and as deemed appropriate
- Providing information, referrals, consumer education, and linkages to community resources
- Providing crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and education about issues related to brain injury as needed
- Coordinating care across service providers
- Documenting program activities
- Providing discharge and transition planning
- Providing training and education to other health care providers and to individuals working in the brain injury field
This position also assists with Cognitive Rehabilitation activities and supports individuals with their vocational goals, helping them develop their pre-vocational skill set and secure/maintain competitive employment. This position works in collaboration with agency staff, consumers, families, and other service providers to promote the full inclusion of people with brain injuries in their communities.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, creative, and able to work without close supervision.
Education: Undergraduate degree in rehabilitation, psychology, special education, social work, or related field required. Graduate degree in rehabilitation, psychology, special education, social work, or related field preferred.
Experience: One (1) year of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders and one (1) year of case management experience required. Two (2) years of case management experience and two (2) years of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders preferred. Relevant experience with other populations considered.
License/Certification: Current CPR and First Aid certification required. CBIS within one year required.
OR any equivalent combination of the above listed requirements.
A valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required to meet the requirements of the position.