Community Partnerships, Inc.: Employment Experts
For over 25 years, The Supported Employment program at Community Partnerships, Inc. has been working to change misconceptions about employees with disabilities. By helping these skilled, dedicated workers find jobs, we help strengthen the local economy and help local employers fill their staffing needs. Our Supported Employment program is one of the oldest and largest in Wake County.
Supported Employment: An Evidence-Based Model That Gets Results
Community Partnerships, Inc. provides Supported Employment services based on the Individual Placement and Support model. Numerous studies have shown that this approach gets more positive employment outcomes than any other model. We emphasize that:
- Anyone who wants to go to work can go to work—Regardless of the severity of their disability, work readiness, work experience, or other factors.
- Jobs pay at least minimum wage—Job seekers look for and find jobs in the community that match their personal career goals and pay at least minimum wage—and preferably the prevailing wage for a particular position or career choice.
- The job search begins rapidly—We do not ask participants to undergo lengthy assessments, training, or evaluations. The Employment Specialist and the job seeker begin contacting employers quickly.
- Life-long support is critical—Individuals enrolled in the program receive ongoing support as needed for as long as they are employed.
There are three service components within the program:
- Job Development Services: Employment Specialists work one-on-one with job seekers to identify career goals and search and apply for jobs in the community that match their unique skills and needs.
- Vocational Training Services: Employment Specialists provide on-the-job training and support after an individual is hired and begins work. These services are gradually phased out as the employee begins to perform work independently.
- Long-term Vocational Support Services: Employment Specialists provide ongoing, regular support services as needed to help people maintain their jobs and pursue career advancement opportunities