How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history will be considered. Please indicate the specific job for which you are applying when submitting your resume and cover letter. Information submitted which does not indicate a specific job will not be considered.
Information can be received:
Community Partnerships, Inc.
Attn.: Nikki Smith
3522 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609
Community Partnerships, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
JOB OPENINGS AS OF MARCH 24, 2017
EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST/JOB COACH (FULL-TIME)
The Employment Support Specialist works directly with individuals with mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders to enable them to secure and maintain long-term, competitively paid employment.
1. Develop, implement, and monitor the individualized person-centered service plan for each consumer in order to meet their vocational needs, as appropriate.
2. Perform job development activities.
3. Assist and enable consumers to attain long-term, competitively paid employment in accordance with their vocational goals.
4. Assist and enable consumers to maintain long-term, competitively paid employment by ensuring they have a successful transition and integration into the workforce once employment has been obtained.
5. Build relationships with area employers and other interested stakeholders in the community in order to promote the benefits of employing supported employment consumers.
Education-- Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, or related field.
Experience-- Minimum of two (2) years, post bachelor’s degree accumulated experience with the population served, or one (1) year post-graduate degree accumulated experience with the population served.Experience in Crisis Management Required.
CPR/First Aid Certification required.
Vocational training, job development, and marketing experience preferred.
RESOURCE CONSULTANT/CASE MANAGER (FULL TIME):
As part of an interdisciplinary clinical team, the Resource Consultant provides service coordination, information, referral, and general advocacy for adults who have brain injuries. The Resource Consultant also works in collaboration with agency staff, consumers, families, and other service providers to promote the full inclusion of people with brain injuries in their communities.
1. Collaborating with consumers, their families, friends, and other interested parties, as well as agency staff and other community resources, to identify, develop and maintain an Individualized Service Plan to meet the community integration and service coordination needs of the consumer.
2. Serving as a liaison among consumers, families, other agencies and community resources by sharing information, making and receiving referrals, and coordinating needed services.
3. Providing information and education about community resources and facilitating the use of community resources selected by the consumer.
4. Providing crisis intervention, guidance, and supportive counseling to consumers as needed.
5. Arranging admission activities for consumers to receive agency benefits and services.
6. Monitoring the provision of services for consumers.
Education--Undergraduate degree in rehabilitation, psychology, special education, social work, or related field required. Master's Degree and license, certification, or registration in field preferred.
Experience--Two (2) years of direct experience working with people with neurological disorders and one (1) year of case management experience required.
License/Certification: Current CPR and First Aid certification required.