Through our work over the years, we have seen first-hand the challenges people face when entering the service system for the first time. Some people we work with are in a crisis situation; others are frustrated because they are lingering on a waiting list. Many people are fearful because they have been denied eligibility and feel that they have nowhere to turn. The Community Connections program provides short-term, direct services to individuals and families who need help now, but are not yet receiving the services they need.
What Does Community Connections Offer?
- Evaluation and Assessment—in order to determine your immediate needs and connect you to the services that can help.
- Goal Planning—to help you create a plan with practical, achievable action steps that will resolve your immediate challenges.
- Crisis Intervention and Prevention—to ensure that you are able to meet your immediate, basic needs, including housing, medical services, and more.
- Behavioral Intervention and Education—to help with challenging behaviors that may be causing problems and creating stressful situations. Our experts will provide in-home evaluations of challenging behaviors and then provide practical strategies and training to help you address them successfully.
- Education, Consultation, and Advocacy—to help you understand the service system and the community resources that are available to you. We will also advocate for your needs, and teach you how to become a powerful, effective self-advocate.
Need our help? Find out if you're eligible for the Community Connections program.